Monday, March 19, 2012

Training Schedule 3/19 - 3/25

It's a new week and also the start of a new mini training cycle. As I wrote in a previous post, I'm dividing my Rockford Half Marathon training into four cycles. With each cycle, I'll increase mileage a bit and change up my speed sessions and long run.

This week is a bit different from the rest of this cycle (lower mileage, less strength training) because I have an evening meeting tonight that will force me to take the evening off. If I had remembered the meeting sooner than 8am this morning, I could have done a morning run. But as the saying goes, coulda, shoulda, woulda - unless my alarm goes off, I tend to sleep in :)

Here's this week's plan:

Monday
Rest Day

Tuesday

Afternoon:
9 mile speed workout

Wednesday
Afternoon: 7 mile easy run; 30 minutes strength training

Thursday

Morning: 6 mile easy run
Afternoon: Boot Camp

Friday
Afternoon: 4 mile easy run

Saturday
Morning: 14 mile easy run

Sunday
Rest Day

Anyone else running Rockford?

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment